Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Trick or Treat!

I was thinking that Halloween season has come earlier than usual this year (not that I'm complaining!) when I started noticing Dollar Tree and Big Lots putting out their Halloween items the first week of August. I honestly don't ever remember them putting them out so early...

But now I KNOW Halloween season is here ahead of schedule, lol. Yesterday, our mayor posted this graphic after an apparent barrage of questions concerning what day trick-or-treat will fall on this year. (I guess I'm not the only one already planning for this year's festivities.)

Anyway, you MIGHT think that question would be silly...but here in Putnam County, West Virginia, we're not too far removed from the Bible Belt. Per local custom, trick-or-treat is never held on Sunday or Wednesday since those are church days. Also, trick-or-treat is never held on Friday or Saturday for reasons I've yet to figure out. I guess they don't want us having too much fun, lol. So, that leaves trick-or-treat narrowed down to a Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday evening. 

Needless to say, trick-or-treat isn't always held on Halloween night. As an adult, I've come to terms with that, and in some cases, not having trick-or-treat ON the 31st works out to an advantage---it really stretches out the celebration! Still, there's something magical, especially to a child, about trick-or-treating on Halloween night, so I'm happy with the schedule.  Just, uh...don't get me started on the stupid time restraints! 


No comments:

Post a Comment