Thursday, January 10, 2019

Halloween 1987?



Happy Throwback Thursday!  I'm that cute lil' princess, and that's my older sister as a gypsy.  I'm not entirely sure what year this picture was taken, but I'm guessing it was sometime between 1986 and 1988.  I still remember that crown as being not only a beloved Halloween costume component, but also a favorite everyday dress up item!  In fact, I'm pretty sure a year or two before THIS photo was taken, my sister wore that same crown as part of her Beauty Pageant Queen costume.

Before moving to Winfield, my trick-or-treating didn't take place around my neighborhood.  We lived in a rather smallish trailer park, so each year, my parents would take me and my sister to the mall in Kanawha City.  Back then, the mall was a bustling shopping center, and every store gave out candy to the trick-or-treaters on Halloween night.  But, before we collected our sugar haul, my mom would drag us into the mall's photo studio for our annual Halloween portrait! I'm sure back then I thought it was a huge drag to have to sit for a formal photo when all I wanted to do was eat candy, but I'm so glad my mom made us take the time to get them done.  I LOVE Halloween and now I have a beautiful photograph of my sister and myself to remind me of how we celebrated my favorite time of year as a child. This costume, like most of mine before the age of 10, was a simple one...a lacy, pink party dress paired with cheap sequined tiara headband...but I remember feeling just like a princess in it!

What was YOUR favorite Halloween costume as a kid? Let me know in the comments below, or join me over at Theresa's Haunted History Facebook page and share your own photos!  Happy Halloween 365, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment