Friday, January 5, 2018

Mac-O-Lanterns and Cheese

Since its been so long since the last Foodie Friday, I tried to find something really unique to get things started back up. I think I found what I was looking for...

This visually interesting dish is an orange bell pepper, carved into a Jack-o-Lantern and used as a bowl to serve macaroni. The recipe comes from The Food Network Kitchen, and although it seems pretty easy to make, I personally would probably just dump some boxed Kraft macaroni and cheese into a raw pepper and call it a day. But, don't be like me---if you're interested in serving this up as a unique Halloween side dish, follow the recipe over at Food Network. There's even a video and complete ingredient list.

I think this would make an adorable part of any family dinner, but since the macaroni spilling out the top DOES kinda look like brains, I'm sure it can be spookified up for a more mature audience!

Photo by Teri Lyn Fisher

No comments:

Post a Comment