Friday, January 12, 2018

Vintage Devil Chocolate Mold

 While looking for something totally off-topic, I stumbled across these photos, curated from eBay by the Antique Chocolate Mold website. They are from an eBay listing that went up last August featuring what the seller is calling a rare example of a Bermann vintage  Halloween chocolate mold in the shape of a Devil or werewolf.

I'm not seeing werewolf...but these spooky little guys are definitely demonic looking! I would use these for Halloween, of course...but then I would also use them in December and call them little Krampuses! I think they'd easily be able to pass. Hell, I'd use them year round. They're just the right amount of creepy and historically cool. Who wouldn't want to unwrap and eat one of them?

From what I can gather, this vintage chocolate mold sold for around $150, and if its as rare as claimed, that seems like a steal, lol. I couldn't find any additional information on this mold, or even the Bermann Company (spelled the way listed on the actual item). If you know any more about this subject, I would love to hear it! Let me know over at Theresa's Haunted History Facebook page!

No comments:

Post a Comment